April home prices continue to rise in the Baltimore Metro seller’s market
- The Baltimore Metro area median sales price of $267,900 was up 4.9% or $12,400 from last year and up 3.4% or $8,900 from last month. This was easily the highest April price of the decade.
- Sales volume of slightly more than $1 billion was up 6.3% from last year.
- April closed sales of 3,349 were up 2.6% compared to last year and up 8.7% from last month and were at the highest April level of the last ten years.
- New contract activity of 4,711 was up 5.5% from last year.
- There were 5,969 new listings in April, up 3.1% from last year and up 7.0% from last month.
- Active listings declined by 11.4% to 9,029. This is the 32nd consecutive month of declining year-over-year inventory levels and was, by far, at the lowest April level in a decade.
- The average percentage of original list price received at sale in April was 96.6%, the highest April level of the last ten years, up from both last year’s 96.2% and last month’s 96.0%.
- The median days-on-market was 18 days, the lowest April level of the last 10 years. It was down eight days compared to last year and was almost half of what it was last month.
- Pick up more…