Are you prepared to let or lease a property with the Value Added Realtor at RodwellBuildingServices™?
At RodwellBuildingServices™ we strive on making sure all prospective leasing and letting applicants are treated equally and fairly with our Fair Housing Policies and Equal Housing Opportunities guidelines.
Please use these strategies to prepare your offerings. Whether you are Offering your property to be leased or Offering your credentials proposing a lease, understanding your rights and position is the most direct means to fairness.
FAIR HOUSING POLICY
Housing you, your families or others with a home directly impacts your needs, your hopes, and your dreams, others’ needs, others’ hopes and others’ dreams and likewise drives yours and their future economic circumstances. We have built our services faithful to the Greater Capital Area Association of Realtors ethics; the Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity mission, Federal Fair Housing Act, The Human Rights Act and all other Federal and State Laws enacted to guarantee housing services to all. ALL.
- Please visit the property or have someone visit the property personally.
- Unsafe or Properties that are in disrepair will not be listed.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Applications will be reviewed weekly on the first 30 days of a property listing. Subsequent applications will be reviewed on a first come, first serve basis.
- Each prospective resident, 18 years of age or older, must complete a separate authorization for our Real Estate Selection screening of your application.
- A $50.00 non-refundable processing fee (per applicant) is required at time of application.
- The security deposit (equal to one month’s rent in the District of Columbia and Maryland up to two months in Northern Virginia) must be paid within 48 hours following any conditional approval.
- Any security deposit is NOT REQUIRED at the time of submitting your application, however, if you choose to present one, it must be written and accounted for in the appropriate section of the Application Form.
- The full amount of the first month’s rent will be paid at the time of possession. The second month’s rent (if applicable) will be pro-rated accordingly.
- Consider having two times (2X) the rent for your deposit and first month’s rent to secure any lease as a starting point. The rental payment on your selected property should be at least 40% of the monthly gross income (amount before taxes) for you to meet qualifications. For example: if the rent is $2,000, your household must earn at least $5,000/month to meet general standards. If you do not have the required income, you will either need a co-signer or be able to show substantial liquid assets.
- Your co-signer must also complete an application, provide verification of income and provide an additional $50 application fee. The co-signers’ gross monthly income must be at least 5 times the monthly rent and they must also have a good credit history.
- Housing Choice Voucher Program Applicants (HCVP): RodwellBuildingServices™ understands the collaborative efforts of Local Supportive Housing and Social Services through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. These collaborative programs expedite HUD housing vouchers with their support services to help people and their families who are underemployed, disabled and/or homeless to find and sustain safe, decent and permanent housing. Please proof of enrollment and certification from your participating provider. You will need proper identification
- The total amount of your monthly debt (credit card payments, car loans, etc.) plus the monthly rent should not exceed 40% of your gross annual income.
- Provide copies of State Issued Picture Identifications when submitting your applications.
- All applicants must have a satisfactory credit history.
- RodwellBuildingServices™ will obtain an independently curated credit report on all adult applicants from a nationally certified reporting agency.
- Your credit report must not show any defaults, consistent late payments, outstanding judgments or collection items.
- You must have an acceptable rental history – No evictions, or default judgments from a previous landlord. We conduct a nationwide check of Landlord/Tenant Court records to see if your current or previous landlord has ever filed claims against you.
- You must provide accurate rental references’ contact information from all housing provider you have had in the immediate three years of your application.
- You should be able to establish your own Utility Accounts. Even if your prior rents included all utilities into your payment, you may run into a property that requires you to pay one or more utilities at your own consumption rate. Always read the property listings or ask the representative when touring.
- Criminal background history will only be obtained and considered AFTER making a conditional offer to rent.
- All applicants must have a satisfactory criminal history.
- Applicants may be rejected based on pending criminal accusation or criminal conviction history of individuals over 18 years of age, who will reside in the rental unit, which occurred within the past 7 years or less, and only for offenses listed in the Fair Criminal Record Screening for Housing Act of 2016.
- If RodwellBuildingServices™ is unable to approve a conditional offer to rent based on information obtained in a criminal background; the applicant may appeal with written evidence of rehabilitation or other mitigating factors.